Using top quality wax, hair removal has never been so easy. Making it a fast, effective and a less painful experience, our guests remain comfortable throughout the treatment.
Once you have experienced an ‘About Face Wax’ you will never think about using that shaver again.
How to prepare for your waxing appointment
- No matter what area you're having treated, check your skin for any cuts or abrasions before waxing. Any cuts or abrasions need to heal first. If you have any moles or beauty marks, point them out to your beauty therapist so that we can avoid waxing over them.
- Let your hair grow long enough..but not too long! Any hair that is really long can pull and hurt whilst the therapist is applying the wax. On the flip side, hair that is too short will not allow the wax to grip properly which means it may not be removed properly. Any less than 2-3 weeks growth is generally not enough. Most people require 4-6 weeks in between waxing treatments.
- Lightly exfoliate the treatment area 2-3 days prior to your appointment. Exfoliating helps to remove dead skin and ingrown hairs but it can also make the skin more sensitive, so dont scrub too hard. Gently exfoliation on a regular basis (weekly) is recommended for optimum results.
- Keep skin well nourished leading up to your appointment. Moisturising the skin daily helps to keep the skin healthy and allows the wax to release more easily. We dont recommend moisturising the day of your treatment as it can leave an oily coating making it difficult for the wax to grip properly.
- Take a break from heavy medications such as Retin-A a few weeks before your appointment. Certain medications can thin the skin and waxing whilst using them may result in burns or blisters. Any client using Retin-A, Renova, Adapalae or Roacutane will be refused waxing treatments at About Face for their own protection.
- Keep the skin clean. Whether its a basic bikini or a XXX Brazilian, waxing can leave the skin sensitive to infection and areas that are normally warm and damp are more vulnerable to bacteria growth.
- As a first time guest to About Face, we do recommend you come in 24-48 hours prior to your first service for an allergy test. This is a recommendation for any hair or beauty chemical service. Particularly colouring services such as hair colour, lash and brow tinting and henna treatments. No appointment necessary, it is complementary and it only takes a few minutes. This recommendation is to ensure your health and safety. Allergies and sensitivities can occur any time, even if you have not experienced one in the past.